Adobe Acrobat Setup for Remediation
This article explains how to add the Accessibility tool and the Content and Tags panes; they are necessary to remediate PDFs. To remediate a document means to make it accessible to screen readers and other assistive technologies.
1. Open a document in Adobe Acrobat and select the "Tools" menu.
2. In the "Search tools" field:
- Type "accessibility"
- In the search results, select the "Add" button
- The Accessibility tool will be added into the tools sidebar on the right side of the Adobe Acrobat window
3. Select the "Document" menu.
4. In the Navigation panes on the left side, right-click on it and select: