Creating a New Titan Direct Access Faculty Account/Bookshelf
This guide shows faculty how to create a Bookshelf account at Vital Source in order to access their Titan Direct Access course materials ordered for their course(s).
Follow the instructions at Logging into the Campus Portal if you need assistance logging into the campus portal.
In your My Courses window click the Titan Direct Access button to begin the setup of your VitalSource Bookshelf account.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click Continue.
4. Enter your CSUF email address (i.e. [email protected]), then click Continue.
Enter your CSUF email address and Titan Direct will check to see if you have an existing account. If you do not, you will be presented with instructions to set up a new account.
- Type your CSUF email address: i.e. [email protected].
- Click Continue.
WARNING: It is recommended that you only type your [email protected] email address to create your Fullerton Bookshelf account for your Titan Digital Access course materials.
** DO NOT click No thanks, I'll skip this step. If you skip this step, you will not be able to view your eMaterials on your Bookshelf.
If no VitalSource account is found for your email address, you will be asked to input information to create a new Bookshelf account for your CSUF course material.
- Enter your name the same way that it appears in Canvas to avoid issues using your Titan Direct eBooks with Canvas.
- Type your name: (First Name) (Last Name)
- Click the drop-down menu to select your security question.
- Enter the answer for your security question.
- Create a secure Bookshelf password (i.e. must contain at least 8 characters, an upper case letter, a lowercase letter, and a special character).
- Click Finish.
** To avoid security issues with your CSUF account, it is recommended that your Titan Direct Access password be different from your CSUF Portal and email ([email protected]) password.
After a few minutes, your account will be created. Skip to Step 6.
1. If VitalSource confirms you already have a Bookshelf account with your [email protected] address, enter your Bookshelf account password, then click Continue.
If a VitalSource Bookshelf account is found for your email address, enter that VitalSource Bookshelf password.
- Type your VitalSource Bookshelf password.
- Click Continue.
Once you have setup your Bookshelf account through your Portal, your Titan Direct Access course material will be imported in your VitalSource Bookshelf.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE CREATED AND ADDED AN eMATERIAL TO YOUR BOOKSHELF ACCOUNT!
INFO: Click each eMaterial (i.e. Titan Direct Access) hyperlink in your Portal > My Courses to add your other campus eMaterial(s) into your VitalSource Bookshelf account.
Titan Shops - email: [email protected] or call (657)278-4981. Contact the Titan Shops for ordering and access issues with your eMaterials.
- CSUF Helpdesk - email: [email protected] or call (657)278-7777. Contact the IT Helpdesk for technical assistance needed on your Portal or My Courses link(s) with your Titan Digital Access.
VitalSource - https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/en-us/requests/new See the VitalSource support website for Bookshelf mobile apps, FAQ, etc.
- https://myaccount.vitalsource.com - Access your Bookshelf directly through VitalSource