Accessing your Titan Direct Access Faculty eBooks in the VitalSource Bookshelf App
This guide shows faculty how to access their Titan Direct Access course material(s) in the VitalSource Bookshelf app.
BEFORE FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS ARTICLE
- If you have not yet created an account, you will need to follow these instructions on creating a new Titan Direct Access account/bookshelf.
- Then follow these instructions on accessing the ebook from the campus portal to establish your license.
Install the VitalSource app on your device
1. Go to the VitalSource Support website and scroll down to the app section. Click/tap on the app you want to install.
It's recommended that you use the device you want to use to access the VitalSource app so you can install the app. For example, if you want to use the iOS app, access the VitalSource support website on your iPad/iPhone.
- Access the VitalSource support website.
- Scroll down and click/tap on the app you want to install.
2. Follow the prompts to install the app on your device.
Each device will install the app in a different way (e.g., iOS devices will install using the Apple App Store); follow the instructions and prompts to complete the installation.
Viewing ebooks and downloading for offline use
Note that in the example below, an Apple iPad is being shown; however, the steps are similar for all apps.
1. Open the app and log in using your VitalSource account username and password. Then select Sign In.
- Enter the username and password that you used when you created your VitalSource account/bookshelf. Then select Sign In.
- Select Need Help? if you have forgotten your login information.
2. All of the books that you have licensed will appear. Select a book to download it.
Don't see a book? View your books using the campus portal to make sure you have activated the license for the book.
3. A checkmark will appear on the book indicating it is now downloaded and available offline. Select the book again to view it.
Downloading a book may move it to the top of your bookshelf list.
Need More Help?
- Titan Shops - email: email@example.com or call (657)278-4981. Contact the Titan Shops for ordering and access issues with your eMaterials.
CSUF HelpDesk - email: HelpDesk@fullerton.edu or call (657)278-7777. Contact the IT HelpDesk for technical assistance needed on your Portal, or My Courses link(s) with your Titan Digital Access.
- Titan Digital Access Program for faculty
VitalSource - https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/en-us/requests/new See the VitalSource support website for Bookshelf mobile apps, FAQ, etc.
- https://myaccount.vitalsource.com - Access your Bookshelf directly through VitalSource