Faculty/Staff: Checking for an Existing Personal Dropbox Account
This guide shows you the steps to check if you have an existing personal Dropbox account. This is especially important to check if you have an existing personal Dropbox account tied to an @fullerton.edu email address as you will run into issues in signing up for a CSUF Dropbox for Business account if you already have a personal Dropbox tied to your @fullerton.edu email account. You may also use this same process to check for a personal Dropbox tied to a personal email address.
NOTE: This process may take up to 10 minutes if you have an existing account.
1. Open your internet browser to the Dropbox website.
Open your browser to the Dropbox website.
2. Click on Sign In at the top right of the page.
3. Click Forgot your password?
4. Enter your email address and then click Submit.
4.1. A message will appear at the top of the screen saying that an email will be sent with further instructions if a Dropbox account is associated with the email address.
[email protected]) with the subject Dropbox password reset. If you don't receive one, check your spam/junk folder.5. Open your email account and look for an email from Dropbox (
If you did not receive a email, there isn't a Dropbox account attached to your email address. You can skip the rest of the instructions in this document.
6. If you did receive an email, open it and click on Reset password.
7. Enter a new password twice and then click Submit. Make sure that you remember this password!
8. You’re done! You’ll see a confirmation that the password change was saved. You can now move on to create your CSUF Dropbox for Business account.
Ready to convert your personal Dropbox to a Dropbox for Business account? Go to the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Faculty/Staff and click on Fastrack Onboarding in the Faculty & Staff Accounts section.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
Additional training materials are available at the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Faculty/Staff.