Getting Rid of Free Trial for Dropbox Business
When a user signs up for a free trial of Dropbox Business using their @csu.fullerton.edu email account, it creates a conflict when the user tries to sign up for Dropbox Business through the university. This article goes over how to change the email address associated with the free trial. After doing so, you will be able to register for a CSUF Dropbox Business account.
1. Access the Dropbox website and sign in to the Dropbox account associated with your Dropbox Business free trial.
Log in at www.dropbox.com.
Remember the email address associated with the account is your CSUF email address, but the password will be the one you set when you created the account. Click Forgot your password if you need to reset the password.
2. Click on your avatar (profile picture or initials) at the top right of the page. Then, click Settings.
A. Click your avatar to open the Profile menu.
B. Click Settings.
3. Under the General tab, find your email address. Then, click Edit.
If you don't see the Edit option, you may not have verified your email address. If this is the case, it'll say Verify email by your email address. Click Verify email to change the email address on your Dropbox account. If you have trouble verifying your email address, make sure that your email address is spelled correctly.
4. Enter your new email address, confirm your new email address, and enter your current password. Click Update email.
Be sure to select an email address that is not currently associated with another Dropbox account.
A. Enter the email address that you want to associate with the free trial Dropbox account.
B. Confirm your email by re-typing it.
C. Type in the account's password.
D. Click Update email.
5. You can now sign up for a CSUF Dropbox for Business account at the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Students.
Go to the CSUF Dropbox for Business website for Students to create your CSUF Dropbox for Business account.
For step-by-step instructions view Getting Started with CSUF Student Dropbox for Business.
6. Delete the free trial account if you don't intend on using it as a personal account.
6.1. Log into the account associated with the free trial, click on your avatar, and click Settings.
6.3. Provide your password and reason for leaving. Then, click Permanently delete.
A. Type in your password.
B. Use the drop-down menu to select the reason for leaving.
C. OPTIONAL: Provide more information on why you're deleting the account.
D. Click Permanently delete.