Creating a New Titan Direct Access Student Account/Bookshelf
This guide shows students how to create a new account/bookshelf at Vital Source in order to access their Titan Direct Access course materials ordered for their course(s).
Not all course material will be listed in Titan Direct Access Program.
1. Log into your CSUF Student Portal.
Follow the instructions at Logging into the Campus Portal, if you need assistance logging into the campus portal.
2. Under My Courses, click view ebook.
In your My Courses window click a view ebook... hyperlink to begin the setup of your VitalSource Bookshelf account.
3. View the registration instructions and then click Continue.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click Continue.
4. Enter your CSUF email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org), then click Continue.
Enter your CSUF email address and Titan Direct Access will check to see if you have an existing account. If you do not, you will be presented with instructions to set up a new account.
- Type your CSUF email address: i.e. email@example.com.
- Click Continue.
WARNING: It is recommended that you only type your firstname.lastname@example.org email address to create your Fullerton Bookshelf account for your Titan Digital Access course materials.
** DO NOT click No thanks, I'll skip this step. If you skip this step, you will not be able to view your ebooks on your Bookshelf.
1. If VitalSource indicates you do not have an existing account, create a new account.
If no VitalSource account is found for your email address, you will be asked to input information to create a new Bookshelf account for your CSUF course material.
- Enter your name the same way that it appears in Titanium to avoid issues using your Titan Direct Access ebooks with Titanium.
- Type your name: (First Name) (Last Name)
- Click the drop-down menu to select your security question.
- Enter the answer for your security question.
- Create a secure Bookshelf password (i.e. must contain at least 8 characters, an upper case letter, a lowercase letter, and a special character).
- Click Finish.
INFO: As long as your are an enrolled CSUF student, use your email@example.com email to create your CSUF Bookshelf account.
2. It will take a few moments while VitalSource creates your Bookshelf account.
After a few minutes, your account will be created. Skip to Step 5.
1. If VitalSource confirms you already have a Bookshelf account with your @csu.fullerton.edu address, enter your Bookshelf account password, then click Continue.
If a VitalSource Bookshelf account is found for your email address, enter your VitalSource Bookshelf password.
- Type your VitalSource Bookshelf password.
- Click Continue.
- Click Accept
5. Congratulations! You can now access the eMaterial in your CSUF Bookshelf account.
Once you have setup your Bookshelf account through your Portal, your Titan Direct Access course material will be imported in your VitalSource Bookshelf.
Congratulations! You're done.
INFO: Click each eBook (i.e. view ebook...) hyperlink in your Portal > My Courses to add your other campus eBook(s) into your VitalSource Bookshelf account.
Need More Help?
Titan Shops: Contact Titan Shops to order/purchase Titan Direct Access course material.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (657)278-4998.
- Titan Shops Digital Course Materials FAQ page
Student IT HelpDesk: Contact the Student IT HelpDesk for all other technical issues with your Portal or TITANium account.
VitalSource: View the VitalSource support website for Bookshelf mobile apps, FAQ, etc.
Pearson: Contact Pearson for technical support with your Pearson digital course materials through Titan Direct Access.
- Click on the Contact Us link on the Pearson Support website. You may be asked for a diagnostic file which you can find under the Diagnostic tab along with your other MyLab or Mastering links.