Students: What happens to my Dropbox for Business account when I graduate?
This article covers the Dropbox for Business "offboarding" process for CSUF students in which students can convert their Dropbox for Business account to a regular Dropbox account after they have graduated from CSUF.
1. After graduating, you will receive an email with instructions.
Nine months after you graduate from CSUF, you will receive an email with instructions on your options for continuing your Dropbox for Business account as a regular Dropbox account.
2. Go to dropbox.com and click Sign In.
- Open your browser to the Dropbox website.
- Click Sign In.
3. Click Forgot your password?
4. Enter your student email address and click Submit.
5. You'll see a notification that an email has been sent to your account.
6. Locate the Dropbox password recovery email in your student email account and click Reset password.
- Log in to your campus student email account and locate the email from Dropbox with the subject Reset your Dropbox password.
- Click Reset password.
7. Enter a new password twice. Then click Submit.
8. You're in! You can now use your student email address and the new password to access your account.
You can now log in to your Dropbox account with your CSUF student email address and the new password you just created.
NOTE: If your Dropbox account is larger than 2GB, you will have read-only access to some of your files. In order to edit them, you will need to download them to a computer or upgrade your Dropbox account to get more storage space.