Faculty/Staff: Checking for an Existing Personal Dropbox Account
This guide shows you the steps to check if you have an existing personal Dropbox account. This is especially important to check if you have an existing personal Dropbox account tied to an @fullerton.edu email address as you will run into issues in signing up for a CSUF Dropbox for Business account if you already have a personal Dropbox tied to your @fullerton.edu email account. You may also use this same process to check for a personal Dropbox tied to a personal email address.
NOTE: This process may take up to 10 minutes if you have an existing account.
1. Open your internet browser to the Dropbox website.
Open your browser to the Dropbox website.
2. Click on Sign In at the top right of the page.
3. Click Forgot your password?
4. Enter your email address and then click Submit.
4.1. If the account does not exist, you will see this notification at the top of the page. You’re done. You can skip the rest of the instructions in this document.
4.2. If the account does exist, you will see this notification at the top of the page. Continue to the next step.
[email protected]) with the subject Dropbox password reset. Open it and click on Reset password.5. Open your email account and look for an email from Dropbox (
6. Enter a new password twice and then click Submit. Make sure that you remember this password!
7. You’re done! You’ll see a confirmation that the password change was saved and you’re taken into your personal Dropbox account. You can now move on to create your CSUF Dropbox for Business account.
Ready to convert your personal Dropbox to a Dropbox for Business account? Go to the IT Dropbox page and click on Get Started in the Faculty & Staff Accounts section.