Using Docking Stations (On Library Computer Labs) - MacOS
This article covers how to use the docks on campus with a MacOS device
Connecting Your Device
You may need to download a driver to use the dock, you can download and install the driver by following the instruction here: DisplayLink Driver.
1. Make sure your device is powered on and near the dock
2. Plug in the dock's Type-C cord into your device or through a Type-C compatible adapter
3. The device is now plugged in and ready to be used with the dock
Go to the Display Settings
1. Open the System Preferences
2. Select Displays
Check all Display settings are correct
1. Make sure the device detects the external monitor. You should see 2 rectangles in the display settings
2. Select "Display Settings"
3. Make sure the display type is changed. Select the second "Dell" display.
4. Select the "Use as" drop down menu.
Here is what each option means:
- Main display = This will only show the laptops display, the dock monitor will be blank and off
- Extended display = This shows two different images on the laptop and the dock monitor
- Mirror for Built-in Retina Display = This shows the same image on both the laptop and the dock monitor
Visit the Student Genius Center on the first floor of the Pollak Library North.
Go to the SGC website for walk-in hours: http://sts.fullerton.edu/sgc.
The Student Genius Center can assist with:
- Issues connecting and using the dock