Enabling Internet Explorer Mode in Microsoft Edge
This article covers how to enable Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge and enable a button to reload a page in Internet Explorer mode.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Default browser.
4. Click on the drop-down menu next to Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) and select Allow.
5. Click Restart to restart Microsoft Edge.
6. Return to the three dots menu (settings and more) and select Settings. Then select Appearance.
- Click on three dots menu (settings and more).
- Select Settings.
- Select Appearance.
7. Click the slider next to Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) button.
8. Click on the IE mode button to load a webpage in Internet Explorer mode.
If you are accessing My Workplace/My Workplace (New), it's recommended that you enable IE mode on the CSUF homepage and then log in to the portal.
9. You will see a confirmation that the page is now open in IE mode. Make sure that the option to open the page in Compatibility View is selected. Optionally, you can enable the feature to always open this page in IE mode.
You may get an "unsupported browser" error if you do not enable Compatibility View.
- Make sure that Open this page in Compatibility View is enabled.
- Optionally, you can also enable Open this page in Internet Explorer mode next time if you frequently need to use IE mode with this site.
- Click Done if you make any changes.
- Click the x to close this pop-up.
10. Need to exit IE mode for a webpage? Click on the IE mode button again.
Need More Help?
Faculty and Staff should contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.
Students should contact the Student IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-8888 for additional assistance.