Changing Your Campus Password Using a Windows PC (Personal and Administrative Accounts)
This quick guide covers how faculty and staff can change their campus password using a campus Windows PC.
Faculty/Staff who also manage department, administrative, Tier 1, or Tier 2 accounts can also use this process to change the password for those accounts.
Your Windows laptop or desktop computer must use a wired connection (as opposed to Wi-Fi) when changing your password using this method.
NOTE: You must know your current password in order to follow these instructions. If you are locked out of your account or do not know your current password, please contact your Department IT Coordinator (usually the department office manager) to have them reset your password.
Special Note for Tier 1 and Tier 2 accounts:
- Tier 1 account passwords must be changed from a server
- Tier 2 account passwords must be changed from a laptop/desktop workstation
- You must be signed in to the domain (AD, ACAD, AF) associated with the Tier 1 or Tier 2 account
2. If changing the password for your own account, leave the username as it appears. If you are changing the password of an account other than your own, change the account username to the account whose password you want to change. Enter the current password. Then enter a new password for the account twice. Click the arrow button to change the password.
- Minimum of 12 characters and maximum of 127 characters
- Must contain three of the following:
- A lower case letter: abcd...
- An upper case letter: ABCD...
- A number: 0123456789
- One of the following special characters: !@$%&*-_+,.
- May not contain any part of your name
- Must be different from your last 24 passwords
For service accounts, passwords must be a minimum of 36 characters.
- If you are changing the password of your own account, leave the username as it is. If you are changing the password of another account, change the username to the account whose password you want to change.
- Enter the current password for the account.
- Enter a new password for the account twice.
- Click the arrow button to change the password.