Changing Your Campus Password Using Password Change Application
This quick guide covers how faculty and staff can change their campus password using the Self Service Password Change Application.
Are you using a campus desktop iMac? View the Changing Your Campus Password on a Campus iMac article to avoid keychain issues.
NOTE: You must know your current password in order to follow these instructions. If you are locked out of your account or do not know your current password, please contact your Department IT Coordinator (usually the department office manager) to have them reset your password.
Be aware: Your campus password can not be changed through the Outlook web app (OWA).
1. Open your internet browser to the CSUF Employee Change Password web application.
Open your internet browser to the CSUF Employee Change Password web application.
2. Enter your username and current password. Then click Sign in.
3. Enter your current password.Then enter your new password and confirm it by entering it again.
- Enter your current password.
- Then enter your new password twice to confirm it.
Check out the password requirements on the right to see if your new password meets the requirements!
4. Click Change Password.
5. You will receive a confirmation message that your password has been successfully changed.
6. Restart your campus computer and log on to your computer with your new password.
To complete the password reset process, please restart your campus computer and log on to your computer with your new password.
7. Update any mobile devices and laptops with your new password.
View Updating Your Password on Your Mobile Device to learn how to update your password on your mobile devices.
View Updating Your Password on Your Campus Laptop to learn how to update your password on your campus laptop.
Turn on each device one by one to avoid any issues with your account being locked out.
8. Update your security questions.
View How to Set Up or Modify Password Recovery Security Questions and Off-Campus Email Address to learn how to update your account security questions.
Security questions allow you to reset your password by answering the security questions; no need to contact IT for help!