Students: Converting Your Existing @CsuFullerton Dropbox
If you have an existing Dropbox account connected to your @fullerton.edu email account, you can convert it to a CSUF Dropbox for Business account by following the steps below.
1. Open your internet browser to http://sts.fullerton.edu/software/dropbox.
Open your internet browser to http://sts.fullerton.edu/software/dropbox
3. In the video walkthrough, select I have a Dropbox account and then select My Dropbox is tied to my @csu.fullerton.edu email account. Make the other appropriate selections for your situation.
4. Finish watching the video walkthrough and then select I’m Ready! Take me to the CSUF Dropbox Registration Page!
6. IMPORTANT: Be sure to read all of the information on the page with regards to the usage and best practices for Dropbox. After reading this information, place a checkmark next to I have read and understand CSUF’s guidelines for use of Dropbox. Then click Continue.
7. You will see a confirmation screen letting you know that an invitation email has been sent to your campus email account. Go check your campus email inbox!
[email protected]) with the subject CSU Fullerton invited you to Dropbox for Business. Open it and click on the Join the CSU Fullerton team button.8. You will see an email from CSU Fullerton via Dropbox (
9. You will need to sign in to your existing @csu.fullerton.edu Dropbox account with the password you currently use to log in to your Dropbox account in order to continue the process. Enter your password and then click Sign In.
11. Click either Move stuff to personal Dropbox OR Move stuff to CSU Fullerton Dropbox.
Decide if you want to move your existing files/folders to a personal Dropbox (you can create one if you don’t have one yet) or to the CSU Fullerton Student Dropbox for Business account. Click either Move stuff to personal Dropbox OR Move stuff to CSU Fullerton Dropbox.
Note: if you have a lot of shared files, consider with whom you share the most (i.e. friends & family, classmates & teachers, etc.) and which Dropbox makes the least amount of work for you to set up that sharing again.
13. You’re now given the option to create a personal Dropbox account or connect your existing personal Dropbox account to your CSUF Student Dropbox for Business account.
You’re now given the option to create a personal Dropbox account or connect your existing personal Dropbox account to your CSUF Student Dropbox for Business account. Having a separate personal Dropbox allows you some separation between files you share with friends & family and files you share with classmates and teachers but you can also use the two accounts and transfer files between the two accounts more seamlessly.
Your three options are:
- Click Sign In to link your existing personal Dropbox to your new Dropbox for Business Account.
- Enter your personal email address, create a password, and then click Create personal Dropbox to create a new personal Dropbox to link to your new Dropbox for Business account.
- If you do not wish to create a personal Dropbox or you want to think about doing this later, click No, thanks. I’ll do this later.
14. You’ll be asked to confirm your choices. Click Finish setup and get started after reviewing your choices.
You’ll be asked to confirm your choices. On the right is your new CSUF Student Dropbox for Business account information. If you created or connected a personal Dropbox account, the information will be populated on the left.
If you’re happy with your choices, click Finish setup and get started to jump into your CSUF Student Dropbox for Business account!
15. You’re now at your main Dropbox homepage!
NOTE: If you chose to move all of your files to your Dropbox for Business account, you should see them. If not, you may only see a Getting Started PDF.