Enroll in Duo Security: Adding a Mobile Device to Your Duo Account
Duo is the two-factor authentication (2FA) service CSUF is using to secure login attempts to various campus services and applications. This article describes the steps needed to add a mobile device to your Duo account; this will allow you to use the mobile device to authenticate with Duo.
1. Install the Duo Mobile app on your mobile phone from either Apple Store or Google Play. You will come back to this in step 10 below.
Within each app store, search for Duo Mobile and install it. In this screenshot below it only gives the option to Open because it's already installed on this device.
2. From your desktop visit https://duoauth.fullerton.edu. When adding an initial mobile device you will need to be at your desk to answer your extension.
Open up a web browser and go to https://duoauth.fullerton.edu.
3. Enter your username (ad\username) and password and click sign in.
4. Click on Add a new device
5. Click on Call me. You will receive a call on your office phone from DUO, press 1 to continue
6. Select Mobile phone.
7. Enter your mobile phone number and click Continue.
8. Select mobile phone type.
9. Click on I have Duo Mobile installed.
10. Open the Duo Mobile app on your mobile phone, tap ADD ACCOUNT, and scan the QR code.
The DUO app will ask for permission to access your phone's camera. You will be scanning the QR code on your desktop monitor.
11. Duo Mobile is now activated for your mobile device. Please be sure your mobile phone is selected as the default device. Click Save, click on Continue to Login
This is an example of the option to automatically send a push notification. You can leave the setting as "Ask me to choose an authentication method." This is a personal preference.
12. If you selected “Automatically send this device a Duo Push”, check your device now. Otherwise you will be presented with the following options below.
You need to have Notifications enabled for Duo Mobile on your mobile phone. When you get the notification, tap Approve.
13. When you see this screen you are done. You can sign out.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777.