Students: Requesting a One-time Bypass Code
This article covers how students can request a one-time bypass code in case you don't have your 2FA device with you.
You need to have already provided an off campus email address in your portal settings. If you need help doing so, view the article on how to Update Your Off Campus Email.
1. Open a web browser on a computer or laptop to the Student Duo Setup site.
Open your web browser to the Student Duo Setup app.
2. Enter your campus username and password. Check the I'm not a robot box. Then click Login.
- Enter your campus username and password. This is the same information you use to log in to the campus portal.
- Place a check mark next to I'm not a robot.
- Click Login.
3. Click on "I don't have access to my device. Get one-time authentication code."
4. Fill out your personal information
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Zip Code (leave blank for international students)
- One of the following
- Last 4 digits of your SSN
- OR Your CSUF Registration PIN
- Click "Submit"
6. Go back to the CSUF Portal login page and login with your username and password.
7. When prompted to authenticate with Duo, select Enter a Passcode.
- Enter the passcode you received in your email.
- Click on "Login"
Note: The passcode will expire in 30 minutes.
Need More Help?
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-8888.