Students: Enrolling in Duo 2FA
This article covers what students need to do in order to complete their enrollment in Duo two-factor authentication (2FA).
To learn more about Duo, visit the Student 2FA website.
1. When you log in to the campus portal, you will see a Duo Mobile Activation Required screen. You can choose to set up Duo Mobile now, choose to update your cell phone number, or skip the Duo Mobile setup process (this is only allowed once).
- Check the cell phone number on record for you.
- To update your cell phone number, click Want to update your cell number?
- To activate Duo Mobile, click Request the activation link here.
- If you're not ready to activate Duo Mobile, click I'm not ready to activate Duo Mobile right now. NOTE: You can only choose this option once.
Which option will you choose?
Remember that the cell phone should be your own because you will need it with you each time you sign in to the campus portal.
Great! Follow the steps below to complete your Duo Mobile setup with your current cell phone number.
1. First, download and install the Duo Mobile app on your device. Then click Request the activation link here.
- Download the Duo Mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (or other app store) on your mobile device and install the app.
- Click Request the activation link here.
3. Your default web browser will open and it should automatically open the Duo Mobile app. If not, tap on the Tap here if you aren't redirected link.
4. You will now see a CSU Fullerton account in your Duo Mobile app. Your Duo Mobile app is now set up.
Want to add more devices to Duo or change other Duo settings? Follow these instructions to update your Duo account settings.
You will need to verify your identity and then you can update your cell phone number.
1. First, verify your identity by entering your Last Name, Date of Birth, Home ZIP Code, and EITHER the last four digits of SSN or your CSUF registration PIN. Then click Submit.
- Enter your Last Name.
- Enter your Date of Birth.
- Enter your Home ZIP code. If you are an international student, leave this blank.
- Enter EITHER the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) OR your entire CSUF registration PIN.
- Click Continue.
- Verify the cell phone number listed. If the field is blank or the cell number is incorrect, enter your current cell phone number.
- Click Continue.
3. Review your changes to make sure the information is correct; you can click Make a change if you have additional changes to make. Then click Continue to the Portal.
Your cell phone number should be updated within about 10 minutes. Be sure to return to the campus portal to finish setting up Duo Mobile. Note that you may have to sign out of the portal and sign back in to return to the Duo Mobile Activation screen.