Enroll in Duo Security: Adding a Mobile Device to Your Duo Account
This article covers what faculty, staff, and emeriti need to do in order to add a mobile device to their Duo two-factor authentication (2FA) account. This will allow you to use the mobile device to authenticate with Duo rather than having to use your campus office number.
To learn more about Duo, visit the Faculty, Staff, Emeriti, & Administrative Account Two-Factor Authentication website.
1. Install the Duo Mobile app on your mobile phone from either the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
You will need to take a picture of a QR code with your mobile device as part of this process, so you can't use your mobile device to access the CSUF Duo Setup app.
Go to the CSUF Duo Devices Management website.
3. Enter your campus username and password. Place a checkmark next to I'm not a robot. Then click Login.
You may also be prompted to complete a captcha verification after clicking on I'm not a robot.
- Enter your campus username and password. This is the same login/password that you use for the campus portal.
- Place a checkmark next to I'm not a robot.
- Then click Login.
Do NOT approve the push notification or authenticate with Duo in another way at this time.
Both Manage devices links will take you to the same device management page.
7. Choose how you want to authenticate with Duo and complete the authentication. Be sure you have the device available!
Most users will need to choose Phone call. You will receive a phone call from Duo with instructions on how to authenticate (normally just press a number on your phone's dial pad).
For many users, the only authentication device is your office desk phone or Zoom Phone. For other users, you may see a mobile phone number that you provided to your Department IT Coordinator (DITC).
It's highly recommended to use the Duo Mobile app on a smartphone or tablet for the most secure authentication. However, you can add a landline or non-smartphone mobile phone by selecting Phone number and then following the prompts.
Click I have a tablet if you are adding a tablet. The steps will be similar to the ones for adding a mobile phone.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Then click Add phone number.
12. If you haven't already downloaded the Duo mobile app, you can use the links on this screen. Then click Next.
You may see a setup wizard when you open the Duo app; if so, just follow the prompts!
- You can modify the Account name if you wish or leave it as is.
- Then tap Save.
- Or tap Done.
20. Go back to the Duo Devices Management page. You should see a confirmation that your mobile phone was added. Click Continue.
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777