Updating the Zoom Desktop Client
This article covers how to update your Zoom desktop client.
1. Open your Zoom desktop app. Click on your avatar. Then, select Check for Updates.
Do you see Check for Updates in your menu?
Update your Zoom client with the following steps:
1. If you are already on the most current version of Zoom, a prompt will appear to confirm that your client is up to date.
2. If you are not on the most current version of Zoom, a prompt will appear to let you know there is an update available. A progress bar will show up as the update loads.
3. After the update loads, an Update button will appear. Click Update.
4. Keep the prompt open to install the updates.
5. When the installation is complete, a pop up will appear near the top of the Zoom screen confirming that the client has been successfully updated.
You will need to uninstall your current Zoom client and download the new version.
1. Uninstall your current version of Zoom.
2. Log in to your campus portal and click Zoom.
4. Click the Download button underneath Zoom Desktop Client to download the Zoom Installer.
5. Open the Zoom Installer. A prompt will open to initialize the installation.
6. When the installation is complete, a message will appear to confirm that the installation was successful. Click Done.
Checking Automatically keep Zoom desktop client up to date will keep your client updated.
Need More Help?
Faculty/Staff - contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.
Students - contact the Student IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-8888.
Congratulations, you are done!