Downloading the Zoom Desktop Client
This article covers how to download the Zoom desktop client and sign in with your account.
NOTE: You must have an active CSUF Zoom account prior to following these steps. Please view the article on activating your account if you have not activated your account.
1. Open your browser to the CSUF Zoom download page.
Open your browser to the CSUF Zoom download page.
2. Click on the Download button under Zoom Desktop Client.
Zoom should correctly identify the type of desktop client you need (PC, Mac, 32-bit, 64-bit).
3. Locate the downloaded file and double click on it to run the installer.
Typically downloaded files are saved to a Downloads folder.
4. The installer will automatically start running.
Depending on your device's security settings, you may have to allow the installer app to run.
5. After the installation is complete, choose if you want the Zoom app to be automatically updated. Then click Done.
- Choose if you want to have the Zoom app to be automatically updated when there is a new version available. Updates will not be installed during meetings or calls.
- Then click Done.
6. Next, click Sign In.
7. Click SSO to sign in with your CSUF username and password.
NOTE: If you are already signed in to the Zoom web application, you may be automatically signed in to the Zoom desktop client.
8. Enter fullerton as the company domain and then click Continue.
- Enter fullerton as the company domain.
- Then click Continue.
9. Enter your campus username and password. Then click Login.
- Enter your campus username and current password.
- Click Login.
10. You'll be prompted to authenticate with Duo.
11. In some web browsers, you will need to allow the site to open the Zoom app.
- In Mozilla Firefox, you may have to place a checkmark next to Always allow https://fullerton.zoom.us to open zoommtg links. This will allow you to click on Zoom meeting links in the future and automatically open the Zoom app.
- Then click Open Link.