What is Skype for Business?
This article contains an overview of Skype for Business.
What is Skype for Business and why would I use it?
Microsoft Skype for Business is a communications tool that not only offers instant messaging (IM), but many other features to enhance collaboration and communication in your organization.
Benefits and Key Features:
- Host online meetings and view attendees in HD
- Share your desktop
- Make phone calls from your cell phone over Wi-Fi for free
- Send instant messages (IM) to other campus users
These are some of the many exciting features that Skype for Business has to offer.
- Windows client: Windows 8 or above; Skype for Business software support details
- Mac client: Mac OS X El Capitan or later versions; Mac OS detailed requirements
- Web access to Skype for Business meetings: view the Skype Web App detailed requirements.
- Mobile clients: See Microsoft’s mobile clients requirements pages or specific device/client downloads for current information