SPSS Statistics: Download and Installation for Mac (Faculty/Staff)
This article covers how CSUF faculty and staff can download, install, and activate SPSS Statistics on Macintosh
If you do not have a previous version of SPSS installed, proceed to Get the Activation Code.
If you have an older version of SPSS on your device you need to remove it before installing the newer version.
This will help avoid potential clashes between multiple versions.
Note: Open Your Trash
- Click on the Gear icon
- Click on Empty Trash
Tip: You can also right-click/double-click/control-click on your Trash, then select "Empty Trash"
This article covers how to retrieve a Authorized Software Code for SPSS & AMOS version 29 for CSUF faculty/staff.
** This is CSUs official SPSS software. The trial download is the FULL VERSION of SPSS Statistics & SPSS AMOS once activated with your CSUF Authorized Software Code.
NOTE: These instructions are identical for SPSS Statistics and SPSS AMOS (and can be retrieved at the same time if available or not previously ordered).
- Open your browser to the IBM SPSS Software Page (from the Faculty & Staff Software page)
- Click on Get A Personal IBM SPSS License
NOTE: Selections must be made one at a time for processing purposes.
5. After viewing the license agreement, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on the box to agree to the End User license Agreement (EULA) and click on "Place your Order"
- Go to the IBM SPSS Software Page
- Click on "Download IBM SPSS"
Note: The installation file should go to the "downloads" folder by default, unless changed
Tip: It is recommended you leave the default path
6. Make sure Macintosh HD is the disk that is selected to install the SPSS software. Click on Continue.
7. You may be asked to enter a password to install the software. Please enter your desktop/laptop password and click on "Install software"
You might also receive a message saying "Installer would like to access your files in your Downloads folder. Click OK to allow access
Once you see that the code is added, click on Next>
- Open the Launchpad app (looks like 9 colorful squares)
- Find the application labeled "SPSS Statistics"
LinkedIn Learning is available to all active CSUF Faculty and Staff
- Contains over 13,000 courses taught by real-world experts and a library that is constantly up-to-date
- On the Faculty/Staff Portal, search for "Linkedin Learning" to get started