Adding Course Attendance to Canvas
This article will show faculty how to add the Course Attendance Report to a Canvas course.
1. Log in to the campus portal and access Canvas.
2. Select a course from either your dashboard or the Courses menu.
Add Course Attendance Report to Your Course
1. Select Modules and then choose + Module.
- Click on Modules.
- Then click on + Module to add a new module.
2. Give your module a name such as Course Attendance. Then click Add Module.
- Give your module a name (e.g., Course Attendance).
- Then click Add Module.
3. Click the plus sign at the top right of the new module.
4. Use the drop-down menu to select External Tool. Scroll down to select Course Attendance Report. Then click Add Item.
- Select External Tool from the drop-down list.
- Select Course Attendance Report.
- Then click Add Item.
7. Place a checkmark next to Load in a new tab. Then click Update.
8. You're done! The Course Attendance Report feature is now ready to use.
You most likely do NOT want to publish this module as your students will not need to see it.
Add or Remove a Student's Attendance
2. Click Load Course Attendance Report in a new window.
3. By default, the current date will appear. Use the drop-down menu to select a different date. To add attendance for a student, click Add Attendance.
- Use the drop-down menu to select another date.
- Click Add Attendance next to a student to mark them as attended.
4. You can click Remove Attendance to remove the attendance entry. Or click Mark Tardy to mark the student as tardy to the class.
- Click Remove Attendance to remove the attendance entry for the student.
- Click Mark Tardy to mark the student as tardy to the class.