EndNote: Download & Installation for Windows (Students)
This article covers how CSUF students can download, install, and activate EndNote
If you do not have a previous version of EndNote installed, proceed to Accept the End User License Agreement
If you have an older version of EndNote on your device you need to remove it before installing the newest version.
This will help avoid potential clashes between multiple versions.
1. Open the Settings
2. Click on Apps
3. Select EndNote from the list and click Uninstall twice
4. Restart your computer
Warning: You will need to restart your computer to complete the uninstall process.
1. Open your browser to the EndNote Software page and click "Download EndNote"
a. Go to the EndNote Software Page
b. Click on "Download EndNote"
2. Login using your Portal Username & Password
3. Read and accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) then click on Download End-Note
Alert: Once you read the EULA, make sure to tick the check box and click on "Place your order"
4. You have been redirected to a Dropbox page. Select the operating system that the software will be installed on. For this guide, click on PC (Windows).
5. Click on "Download" then "Direct Download"
Note: The download button is located in the top right of the web page
The file download time may vary based on the device and internet connection.
The Installation file will be saved to your computer as a .zip file.
6. Locate the downloaded file, RIGHT click on "PC", then click on "Extract All"
Please, make sure the files have been extracted.
If they are not extracted before running the installer, you will be prompted for a license key.
1. Open the installation file in the extracted folder, "Run" the file (EN20Inst), and click Next>
Note: The installation file should have gone to the "Downloads" folder by default, unless changed
2. Click Accept >
3. Read the EndNote 20 information then click Next >
4. Select “I accept the license agreement” to accept the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA) then click Next>
5. Optional: You can select “Custom” if you have specific installation preferences, otherwise leave it as "Typical" and click Next>
6. Optional: Configure your EndNote Installation location then click Next>
Note: It is recommended you leave the default path
7. Ready to install, click Next>
Warning: If you have a Microsoft Office application open during installation you will be asked to close it. Close any open applications and click on Retry.
8. Allow the program to install
A steel colored bar will show the installation progress.
9. Once installed, click Finish
EndNote is now Installed & Activated
- Select the Start Button (Apps will be in alphabetical order)
- Go to the "E" section and you'll find the "EndNote" folder
- Open the folder to find EndNote
LinkedIn Learning is available to all currently enrolled CSUF Students
- Contains over 13,000 courses taught by real-world experts and a library that is constantly up-to-date
- On the Student Portal, search for "Linkedin Learning" to get started
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at (657) 278-8888 or [email protected]
Visit the Student Genius Center on the first floor of the Pollak Library North. Go to the SGC website for walk-in hours: http://sts.fullerton.edu/sgc.
The Student IT Help Desk and Student Genius Center can assist with:
- Issues with accepting the EULA
- Issues with installing EndNote
- Issues with activating EndNote