Jaws & ZoomText for Windows (Students)
This article covers how CSUF students can register and activate Jaws & ZoomText.
1. Go to Freedom Scientific's Edu Site, enter your CSUF student email, then click on "Search" and "Continue to Registration"
a. Go to Freedom Scientific's Edu Site
b. Enter your CSUF student email
c. Click on Continue to Registration
2. Enter the required information to register (*) and click on “Register” to create a Freedom Scientific account
Alert: Do NOT use your campus password to create the account. Please create a new password upon signing up.
1. Check your CSUF email account for a confirmation registration email. If you have not received an email, check your spam folder
Tip: If you still haven’t receive an email, click on “Resend my confirmation email”
2. Once you verify your email, you will then be redirected to the Freedom Scientific login screen. Enter your CSUF email and password that you created in the earlier steps and click on Sign In
3. Select your preferred software. Jaws or ZoomText by clicking on their respective “Add” buttons.
Warning: You can only request one of the software applications provided and will not be able to get both. The software can be installed on up to 3 computers
1. After you have selected your software, you will then be able to install it to your computer. Click on the name of the software you selected. In this example we selected JAWS, click on Jaws Home Annual
Note: The remaining steps show installation for JAWS, however the process will be the same for ZoomText.
2. Before starting the installation process, make sure you are using the computer that you want to install the software on; once ready, click on activate this computer
Alert: Make sure you are currently using the computer that you want the software to be installed on!
3. You will then see a "File Download Notification" window; click "OK" then open the file once the download is complete
File Ex: (NameofUserJAWSLicenseActivator.exe)
4. Click on "Yes, Install, and Activate", then click on “Yes” on the Windows security box
Note: If you have the software installed and only need to Activate it, you may select “No, just Activate”
5. The installation wizard will start up; Click on the box for “I accept the license agreement”, then select "Install"
6. The application is now installed, click on "Close"
Jaws/ZoomText is now Installed & Activated