Students: How to Access and Use OneDrive
This article covers how CSUF students can access their campus OneDrive account, create documents in OneDrive, upload files to OneDrive, and share a file/folder with another student.
The only way to use the OneDrive @ Cal State Fullerton account is to install Office 365. You can find instructions and the link to install Office 365 on the STS website.
I already have Office 365/Office 2013/Office 2011. Why do I need to use your version?
CSUF has an agreement with Microsoft to provide a version of Office 365 with specific products available, including the most recent desktop version of Office applications and 1 TB of storage on OneDrive. In order to qualify for this agreement, students need to install Office 365 using the instructions at the STS website.
1. Open your internet/web browser to the CSUF Office 365 webpage.
2. Click on Students.
3. Enter your student email address and password. Then click Sign In.
4. Click on the OneDrive app.
5. You're in!
Creating and saving documents to your OneDrive @ Cal State Fullerton account can get confusing, especially if you have a personal OneDrive account. The steps below may seem a little complicated, but this is the simplest way to make sure that your documents save properly. If you are comfortable trying something that requires more advanced computer skills, stop by the Student Genius Center in the Library and we’ll show you how!
1. Click New and then choose the type of document you want to create.
- Click New.
- Select the type of document you want to create.
2. The document opens and you can begin working. The document will automatically be saved every few minutes. To open the document in the full version of the Office application, click the "Open In" link.
- Every few minutes, your document will automatically be saved.
- Not all features are available in the online version of the application. Click the relevant Open In button to open your document in the desktop version of the application. For example, in Microsoft Word Online, click Open in Word.
2.1. Click Yes if you see a warning message.
2.2. You are now editing the document in the full version of Office on your computer.
Notice the Save icon looks slightly different than usual. It is indicating that when you save you are saving the document back to your OneDrive @ Cal State Fullerton account and not to your computer’s hard drive.
2.3. You may see a message in your web browser that the file has been opened in the desktop application. Click X to close the message.
Need More Help?
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or 657-278-8888.
Visit the Student Genius Center on the first floor of the Pollak Library North. View the SGC website for their hours and more information.
For additional help and resources, view the Microsoft Office Help & Resources article