Creating a Recurring Google Hangouts Meet Session
This article covers how faculty can create a recurring Google Hangouts Meet web conference session for their classes.
1. Log in to Google Apps with your CSUF account.
2. Click on the Google App selector and choose Calendar.
3. Click Create.
4. Click More Options.
The quick event add screen is difficult to use for recurring meetings, but works well for a single meeting.
5. Enter the details about the date, time, and recurrence. Then click Add conferencing.
6. Choose Hangouts Meet.
7. A Meet session is created. Click on the meeting to view more details about it.
8. Share the meeting information with your students by copying the meeting information and pasting it into an email or TITANium. Or you can add your students' email addresses to the
If you send your students the meeting information, you will need to admit each student into the session when it starts. The student will click "ask to join" and you will click "admit."
To avoid this, you will want to instead add their email addresses to the Guests section. This will allow the students to join the meeting without you having to admit them.
- Copy and paste the meeting information into an email or TITANium to share it with your students.
- OR enter the students' email addresses to send them a calendar invite.
- You can also click Add live stream to add a live stream to your meeting.
9. Click Save to save your meeting. This will also send the calendar invite to anyone listed in the Guests section.
Need More Help?
Problems logging in to CSUF Google Account
Faculty/Staff - contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or 657-278-7777.
Students - contact the Student IT Help Desk at StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu or 657-278-8888.