MATLAB: Download & Installation for Windows (Students)
This article covers how CSUF students can download, install and activate Matlab.
1. Open your browser to the MATLAB Software Page and click "Login to MathWorks"
a. Go to the MATLAB Software Page
b. Click on "Login to MathWorks"
2. Login using your Portal Username & Password
a. Type your Campus Portal username: (i.e. TuffyTheTitan)
b. Type your Campus Password
3. The page redirects to the MathWorks website. Click on “Create” to create a MathWorks account
Alert: Once you create an account you will be asked to sign in
1. Enter your MathWorks credentials and click on "Sign In"
2. Click on the download button for the current version of MatLab
Note: It may be a newer version than what is displayed here
3. Select the operating system that the software will be installed on. For this guide, click on Windows (PC)
Warning: The file download time may vary based on the device and internet connection.
Alert: The installation file will be saved to your computer as a .zip file.
1. Locate the installation file you downloaded, "Run" the file and click Unzip
2. Select "Log in with a MathWorks Account" then click Next>
3. Click on Yes then click Next>
4. Select Log in to your MathWorks Account, enter your MathWorks account credentials, then click Next >
5. Select "Select a license:", select license 898604, then click Next >
6. Optional: Configure your installation location for MatLab, then click Next >
7. Select the products you want to install (recommended products are pre-selected)
8. Optional: Configure your additional shortcuts for MatLab, then click Next >
9. Click Install >
10. Allow MatLab tools to download, this may take a bit depending on the additional products selected
11. Select "Activate MatLab", then click Next >
1. Click Next >
2. Make sure the correct username is written then click Next >
Alert: Only one user is allowed to use the product.
3. Make sure the information presented is correct; The license number is always 898604; Click Confirm >
MatLab is now Installed & Activated
- Select the Start Button (Apps will be in alphabetical order)
- Go to the “M” Section and you’ll find a “MatLab (Version Number)” Folder
- Open the folder to find MatLab
LinkedIn Learning is available to all currently enrolled CSUF Students
- Contains over 13,000 courses taught by real-world experts and a library that is constantly up-to-date
- On the Student Portal, search for "Linkedin Learning" to get started
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at (657) 278-8888 or StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu
Visit the Student Genius Center on the first floor of the Pollak Library North. Go to the SGC website for walk-in hours: http://sts.fullerton.edu/sgc.
The Student IT Help Desk and Student Genius Center can assist with:
- Issues with obtaining the License Code
- Issues with installing MatLab
- Issues with activating MatLab