Grant Delegation Access to Your Campus Outlook Account on a PC
This article covers how to set up a delegate for your (the manager) campus Outlook account. Delegates are mainly used to maintain the manager's calendar (i.e. schedule and accept meetings on your behalf) but the manager can also allow delegates to view their email, tasks, and contacts.
NOTE: You (the manager) must use a desktop version of Microsoft Outlook in order to add or remove delegates.
- Select the Info section.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Delegate Access.
- Locate the delegate from Outlook Address Book > Click on the name to highlight it.
- Click Add.
- Then click OK.
- Choose the permissions you want this specific delegate to have in each area.
- Click OK.
- None: delegate cannot access this feature of your account
- Reviewer: delegate can read items
- Author: delegate can read and add items
- Editor: delegate can read, modify and add item
NOTE: An easy way to notify this delegate of their permissions is to check the box to automatically send an email to them summarizing their permissions.
- Specify how you (the manager) wants your meeting requests and responses to be handled (NOTE: this applies to ALL of your delegates).
- Click OK.
In reference to email, the permissions set above only gives a delegate access to add an account to a manager's mailbox. The delegate will not be able to see any of the manager's mail folders, including the Inbox. In order for the delegate to view the manager's Inbox and other folders that have been shared, view the instructions: Grant Access to your Campus Mailbox and Folders to a Delegate.
To help your delegate setup their Outlook to manage your email account, have them view: Manage a Shared (Delegate) Outlook Email Account on a PC.
Contact the IT HelpDesk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.