Requesting a Distribution List
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can request a new distribution list.
Only authorized Department IT Coordinators are eligible to request distribution lists. To find out more about becoming an authorized Department IT Coordinator, please email [email protected]
What's the Difference Between a Campus Distribution List and a Distribution List?
[email protected] to request a new distribution list.1. Send an email to
Send an email to [email protected] and include the following information:
- The name for your distribution list (e.g., DL-Technology_Coordinators).
- The owner of the distribution list. This person's name will be listed as the owner in the Outlook Address Book and will be the main point of contact for questions about the distribution list.
- The names of all of the people who need to be able to add/remove members from the distribution list.
- Whether anyone should be able to send an email to the distribution list or if only select people should be able to send emails to the distribution list. If only select people should be able to send to it, list the people who should be allowed to send emails to the distribution list.
Distribution List Owners will be able to add additional co-owners who can add/remove members from the distribution list in the future. They can also add/remove people who are authorized to send emails to the distribution list.
2. Once your distribution list is ready, you will receive an email confirming it is ready to use.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.