Sending an Email to a Campus Distribution List
This article covers how authorized users can send an email to one of the campus distribution lists.
The Campus Distribution Lists are:
- DL-Campus Employees
- DL-Full-Time Faculty
- DL-Part-Time Faculty
- DL-Full-Time Staff
- DL-Part-Time Staff
Remember that you must use an administrative account (e.g. [email protected]) rather than your personal work account to send emails to these distribution lists. Be sure you know which administrative account(s) you have access to use to send emails to these distribution lists and which account is most appropriate for the email you want to send before you get started.
1. First, compose your email. All of the content should be reviewed and complete before addressing the email to any distribution list(s).
- To avoid accidentally sending out the email message before you have completed it, leave the To, CC, and BCC fields blank until you have entered, reviewed, and completed all of the content including the subject, message body, signature, attachments, and accessibility requirements such as alt text for the images.
- Be sure that the From field is set to the administrative account that you are going to use to send the email.
2. Click on the To field and enter the full name of the distribution list in the Global Address List search field.
- Click on the To field in your email.
- Enter the full name of the distribution list you want to send to in the search field.
3. Double click on the entry and then click OK.
- Double click on the distribution list name to add it to the To field.
- Click OK.
4. Review your email at least one more time for content and accessibility. Then click Send. You're done!
I get an error when trying to send to a campus distribution list!
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.