Add an Additional Mailbox in Outlook, as a Delegate
This article covers how to add an additional mailbox to a primary mailbox account in your Outlook desktop application, after being granted delegate access by a mailbox owner. The shared folder(s) will appear in your mailbox folder list.
Remember: you must be granted permission by the mailbox owner to view their mailbox content through Folder Sharing or Delegate Access.
As a delegate, you are given rights to access shared data by the mailbox owner without the use of a password.
- Click the Account Settings drop-down.
- Click Account Settings....
NOTE: Ensure the Offline Settings box is checked for Use Cached Exchange Mode.
Select the Advanced tab.
- Click Add.... From the Outlook directory, type the name of the mailbox you (the delegate) have been given permission to manage.
- Click Apply > then click OK.
9. Click the account name in your list of mailboxes to access the mailbox you have been granted access to.
Remember: A delegate will only have permission to access the folders they are granted access to.
If you can’t expand the mailbox, you haven’t be granted the correct permissions by the mailbox owner. Contact the mailbox owner.
Contact the IT HelpDesk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.