Using an iPad to Send an Email to a Campus Distribution List
This article covers how authorized users can send an email to one of the campus distribution lists using an iPad.
The Campus Distribution Lists are:
- DL-Campus Employees
- DL-Full-Time Faculty
- DL-Part-Time Faculty
- DL-Full-Time Staff
- DL-Part-Time Staff
Remember that you must use an administrative account (e.g. [email protected]) rather than your personal work account to send emails to these distribution lists. Be sure you know which administrative account(s) you have access to use to send emails to these distribution lists and which account is most appropriate for the email you want to send before you get started.
You must have your administrative account added an account on your mobile device in order to follow these instructions. This usually means you need the username and password for the account.
When sending from an iPad, emails are typically in plain text format so you will not be able to add any formatting or images. You will be able to an attachment as long as you have access to it from your iPad (e.g. if it's stored in Dropbox).
1. First, compose your email. All of the content should be reviewed and complete before addressing the email to any distribution list(s).
Be sure that the From field has been changed to your administrative account and you are not using your personal account.
1. Tap the plus sign icon at the far right of the To field.
2. Tap Groups.
3. Scroll down to the Global Address List for your administrative account.
If you have both your administrative account and your personal work account on this device, be sure you select the Global Address List for your administrative account. This is because some accounts have been moved to Office 365 Email and accounts on Office 365 will send to a different entry for campus DLs.
4. Type the full name of the DL in the search field. Then tap on the appropriate listing for the distribution list(s) you are sending to.
- Type the full name of the DL in the search field.
- Then tap on the appropriate listing when it appears.
1. Tap the To field.
2. Type the full name of the distribution list in the search field. Then tap Search Directory.
- Type the full name of the distribution list.
- Tap Search Directory.
3. Tap on the distribution list you want to send to.
2. Review your email at least one more time for content and accessibility. Then tap Send. You're done!
I get an error when trying to send to a campus distribution list!
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.