Email... On Behalf Of... an Outlook Account you are a Delegate For
This article covers how to send an email On Behalf Of... another Outlook campus account after being granted delegate access to manage another Outlook campus mailbox (or calendar). The article also covers how to add the From button in to your email and how to add other managed accounts into a delegates account to send email on behalf of....
1. Create a new email.
You can also Reply to or Forward an existing email you have received, On Behalf of... an account you have been granted permission to send from.
1. Click the Options tab, then in the Show Fields section, click From.
1. Select the "From" drop-down to change the account you want to send from.
- Click the From drop-down; then
- Click Other E-mail Address.... to add an email account you have been granted delegation permissions to.
The From drop-down will display account(s) you have permission to send as. This includes accounts you have been assigned as a delegate. As well as, accounts you have signed into Outlook with, using a username and password (I.E. your primary and any other secondary email account).
Accounts added to the From... drop-down, will allow you to send email on behalf of... that account, with the proper permissions.
2. Type the account name you have permission to send email "On Behalf Of...", then click "OK".
- Type the name or email address into the From... window; then
- Click OK.
2. Construct the email.
The From field will now display with the account name you have permission to send On Behalf of...
Continue to add the desired content to your email, including the To... field, Subject field and email body.
Email Recipient Receives.
The recipient will receive an email from the delegate. The email is sent from the delegate on behalf of the manager: (i.e. Lane, Lana on behalf of Hamblin, DeLana).
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Helpdesk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.