How to Clear the Cached Email Address from your Email Address Bar
This article covers how to clear the cache of auto populated email addresses and distributions lists (DLs) from your email address bar.
Remove the cached account from the address bar.
The process for removing an account from the email address bar cache (AutoComplete) is similar on PC and Mac.
1. From your Office 2016 desktop application, type the name of the Distribution List name you want to send to.
The DL will appear in the drop-down window. Hover over the name to highlight it, then click the "X" to the far right to delete the account.
2. The account will be removed from your cached list of addresses.
Repeat this process for each account you want to remove from the address bar cache.
Add Email addresses and DLs from the Global Address List
In order to send to the most recent account, a new email address and Distribution List (DL) name must be added from the Global Address List (GAL/ LDAP).
You can search for a user by name or email address. You can search for a distribution list by typing in part or all of the DL name.
- Create a new email, then click To... (Cc... or Bcc...).
- Click the drop-down icon to display the search directory address lists, folders, contacts, etc.
- Select the Global Address List.
Add the Distribution List (DL) account to your email from the Global Address List (GAL).
1.1. In the search window, type the account or distribution list name, then add the member to the To..., Cc.. or Bcc... field.
- Type an account name, email address, or distribution list name (i.e. dl-it-test), then click Go to search for the member.
- With the account selected, click To.., Cc.., or Bcc... to add the it to your email.
- Click OK.
- Create an email, then click a address book icon to the right of the To:, Cc:, or Bcc: field.
- Click the account directory name (or default search account).
2.1. Click the default search directory.
The search directory will display account lists, folders, contacts and directories, etc. Select the Default Global Address List (LDAP).
Some Mac OS systems will not display the Default Global Address List. Select the default campus directory for your system. The name could be the name of your account, or just Directory.
2.2. In the search window, type the account or distribution list name, then add the member to the To..., Cc.. or Bcc... field.
- Type an account name, email address, or distribution list name.
- Select the account.
- Click To.., Cc.., or Bcc... to add it to your email.
- Click the red X to close the search window.
The new email account or DL member has been added from the Global Address book.
REMEMBER: Email accounts and distribution lists will need to be removed from the address bar cache if you can no longer send and email to that account.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.