Find the Owner(s) of a Distribution List
This article shows you how to find out who owns and maintains a distribution list.
1. Open your address book, then search for and open the distribution list.
- Select the Address Book in your Outlook.
- Type the distribution list name, then click Go to search for the DL.
- When the name populates in the window, double-click the DL name.
2. View the DL owner.
DL owner(s) will be listed on the General tab in the Owner section.
Close the DL window.
These instructions can also be used if you are using a Mac computer.
1. Log into Outlook on the web.
2. Access the People icon...
1. Click the people icon.
Click the people icon located in the bottom left corner on the page.
2. Select "Directory".
Changing the default selection from Featured people to Directory will allow you to search the entire campus directory of accounts, not just your personal list of accounts and contacts.
1. Click the grid square in the top left corner.
2. Click "All Apps".
3. Search for the people icon.
- Type people in the search window.
- Click the People icon.
4. This will open to Directory, allowing you to search all campus accounts.
3. Search the Directory for the distribution list.
- Type the DL name in the search window.
- Select the DL name when it populates in the pop-up window.
Click the magnifying glass or hit Enter on a PC, (Return on a Mac) to be directed to the Search results window, then click the DL name in the search results window.
4. Click "Members".
5. View the owner(s) for the DL.
You will be able to view all of the owners listed in the DL.
5.1. Click on an owner of the DL to display their contact information.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.