SPSS Statistics: Download & Installation for Mac (Students)
This article covers how CSUF students can download, install, and activate SPSS Statistics
If you do not have a previous version of SPSS installed, proceed to Get the Activation Code.
If you have an older version of SPSS on your device you need to remove it before installing the newer version.
This will help avoid potential clashes between multiple versions.
1. Open up Finder
2. Click on Applications
3. Select the IBM folder from the list and put it in your Trash
4. Empty your Trash to finish uninstalling
Note: Open your Trash
1. Click on the gear icon
2. Then click "Empty Trash"
Tip: You can also right-click/double-click/control-click on your Trash, then select "Empty Trash"
5. Restart you computer
1. Click on the apple icon
2. Then select "Restart..."
Warning: You will need to restart your computer to complete the uninstall process.
1. Open your browser to the Beyond Compare Software Page and click "Get A Personal IBM SPSS License"
a. Go to the IBM SPSS Software Page
b. Click on "Get A Personal IBM SPSS License"
2. Login using your Portal Username & Password
3. Add the SPSS Statistics license to your cart
Note: If you don't see "Add to Cart" you may have already received a code, click on "View ordered license" and skip to 1.6.
4. Click on "View your cart" and accept the EULA
Alert: Once you read the EULA, make sure to tick the check box and click on "Place your order"
5. Your cart will now display your activation code under "Serial Number"
Tip: Save this serial number or keep this tab open, you will need it later to activated SPSS Stats
1. Go to IBM SPSS Software Page and click "Download IBM SPSS"
a. Go to the IBM SPSS Software Page
b. Click on "Download IBM SPSS"
2. Select the "IBM SPSS Statistics" folder, then select "Mac"
3. Select the installation file; click on "Download" then "Direct Download"
Tip: The download button is located in the top right of the web page
Warning: The file download time may vary based on the device and internet connection
1. Locate and open the installation file you downloaded.
Note: The installation file should go to the "downloads" folder by default, unless changed
2. Click Next
3. Accept the terms in the license agreement, then click Next
4. Optional: Select if you would like to download "Essentials for Python", then click Next
Tip: If you haven't heard of Python then it's likely you don't need it
5. Optional: Set your installation path, then click Next
Tip: It is recommended you leave the default path
6. Click Install
7. Allow the program to install
Note: The progress bar
8. Once installed, make sure the "SPSS Authorization Wizard" box is checked, then click Done
Note: The activator should start automatically after the installer finishes
1. Once the Authorization Wizard opens, click Next>
2. Select "Authorized user license", then click Next>
3. Enter the Authorization Code you obtained previously, then click Next>
4. Once you receive "Successfully processed all codes", click Next>, then click Finished.
SPSS Statistics is now Installed & Activated
1. Open the Launchpad app (Looks like a rocket in a circle)
2. Find the "IBM (Other)" folder (It may be in the second page)
3. Open the folder to find "IBM SPSS Statistics"
LinkedIn Learning is available to all currently enrolled CSUF Students
- Contains over 13,000 courses taught by real-world experts and a library that is constantly up-to-date
- On the Student Portal, search for "Linkedin Learning" to get started
Contact the Student IT Help Desk at (657) 278-8888 or StudentITHelpDesk@fullerton.edu
Visit the Student Genius Center on the first floor of the Pollak Library North. Go to the SGC website for walk-in hours: http://sts.fullerton.edu/sgc.
The Student IT Help Desk and Student Genius Center can assist with:
- Issues with obtaining the Authorization Code
- Issues with installing SPSS Statistics
- Issues with activating SPSS Statistics