IT Clearance Request
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can submit a clearance request for employees who are leaving the university or transferring to another department.
Please note that this is separate from the HRDI Employee Separation & Property Clearance Form. The IT Clearance Request specifically pertains to the IT assets that are assigned to an employee.
1. Log in to the IT Service Desk through the direct link or from the campus portal.
2. Click on Software and Access.
The IT Clearance request form appears in several categories and you will get to the same form regardless of which link you use.
3. Select IT Clearance.
4. First, type in the last name of the person who is leaving and then select their name from the search results. If you don't see the correct person, place a checkmark next to Show disabled/inactive user accounts.
Depending on when you are submitting this IT Clearance Form, a person may have already been deactivated in the IT Request system. If you check the option to show disabled/inactive accounts, you should be able to locate them.
- Type in the last name of the person who is leaving.
- Select the appropriate person from the search results.
- If you don't see the correct person in the search results, place a checkmark next to Show disabled/inactive user accounts.
5. The person's extension, department, and building/room will populate. Click on the calendar icon to select the person's effective date of separation.
A person's separation date is the official date when the employee leaves campus employment.
- Click on the calendar button.
- Select the person's effective date of separation.
6. Next, select the Employee Type.
If your department has applied for emeritus status for this person, you can select Emeriti even if emeritus status has not yet been conferred.
8. If you choose Transferring to another Department, enter the New Department for the person. You will also need to submit a Schedule a Move request to move the person's IT assets to the new department.
Unfortunately, the DITC for the new department is not able to submit a request for the person until AFTER the person officially starts in their position in the new department. Please consult with the DITC for the new department to find out where the person's IT assets should be moved.
Not sure who the DITC for the new department is? Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or x7777 for assistance.
You do not need to submit the Schedule a Move request using this button. You can come back to the Schedule a Move request for this person later.
- Enter the new department for the person if they are transferring to a new department.
- Click on Schedule IT Move to open a Schedule a Move request for the person now.
9. Indicate whether Telecommunications items were returned (if applicable) and to whom they were returned.
- Calling Card: indicate if None Issued, Returned, or Not Returned.
- PDA/Mobile Phone: indicate if None Issued, Returned, or Not Returned.
- Pager: indicate if None Issued, Returned, or Not Returned.
- Returned to: specify to whom the device(s) were returned or put N/A if no items were issued.
10. Enter a temporary name for the person's extension.
Note that if the person is transferring to another department, their extension will most likely transfer with them unless you request that it remain with your department.
11. For Fax Senior Account, you can put None Issued.
We do not currently offer Fax Senior services.
12. Select the Rollout Workstation status.
If the person has already returned their rollout laptop to campus IT or they are transferring to another department with that laptop, you can still select Workstation is ready for pickup.
13. Note the Assigned IT Assets for the person. If the person is leaving the university, all of these assets must be returned. If the person is transferring to another department, be sure that you collected any assets that are not transferring with them.
When a person transfers to another department, they will normally take all of their IT assets with them. However, there may be some devices that are not transferring with them that you (or someone else in your department) should collect. For example, if a person has a campus-issued cell phone but they do not want/need it in their new department, you would want to collect that cell phone so it can be returned to Telecom or reassigned to someone else in your department.
If the person is transferring to another department, you'll see another Schedule IT Move button here as a reminder that you'll need to submit a Schedule a Move request.
14. Enter any comments you have for this request. Then click Submit.
Note you cannot combine this request with any other requests and you cannot save it in your shopping cart for later.
- Enter any additional comments about this request. For example, you could indicate when the person dropped off their rollout laptop with IT or indicate that the person's extension needs to stay with the department and they will be issued a new extension by their new department.
- Then click Submit.
15. You're done! You'll receive an email confirmation of your request in addition to seeing the Change Request Number.
IT Clearance requests are submitted as Change requests instead of Request/Requested Item requests. So you will see a CHG number for IT Clearance requests instead of an REQ/RITM number.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.