Open New Ticket Request
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can open a new ticket with campus IT on behalf of faculty or staff in their department.
1. Log in to the IT Service Desk through the direct link or from the campus portal.
2. Click on Other Services.
3. Select Open New Ticket.
4. First, enter the name of the person on whose behalf you are opening this ticket.
You can type the name into the field or use the magnifying glass icon to look up a user.
You can put your own name in this field if this is a department request.
5. Next, select the Impact of the situation: Low, Medium, or High.
Note that marking the Impact as High will not necessarily result in a faster resolution. This is just one component of the ticket that will be assessed to determine the priority.
6. Enter a brief description of the situation in the Short description field.
Having an effective Short description can help the ticket be routed to the appropriate IT department quickly. For example "not receiving emails in Outlook on Mac laptop" or "unable to log in to Zoom app on Windows laptop" make it easy for IT staff viewing the list of new tickets to know exactly where to send these tickets for resolution.
You can think of Short description as being similar to the Subject line of an email.
7. Enter a more detailed description of the situation in the Please describe your issue below field.
The more detail you include, the better IT staff can route and resolve this ticket quickly!
8. Click Submit to submit your request.
Note that this request is immediately submitted when you click Submit. You will not have the ability to view/edit the request in a shopping cart before submitting.
9. You're done! You'll receive an email confirmation of your request in addition to seeing the Incident (INC) number for your request.
The person you listed in the "open on behalf of this user" field will also get an email confirmation of this request.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.