Re-Enabling an Email Account
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can request that an email account be re-enabled in Account Management.
For employees accounts, this process will only work if the employee still has an active position in the People Directory. If the employee's position is now Separated, you will need to follow the instructions to Extend the Expiration Date of an Email Account.
1. Log in to the IT Service Request Forms and access Account Management.
2. Click on Email/Login Accounts.
3. Then search for the email account you want to re-enable.
Note you can enter partial information in the search field such as a Last Name to locate an account.
Enter search criteria such as Name, CWID, username (e.g., jsmith), or Department.
4. Place a checkmark next to the account. Then click Re-Enable.
- Place a checkmark next to the account you want to re-enable.
- Then click Re-Enable.
5. Review the information for this account and make any necessary adjustments. Then click Enable Account.
6. Click Submit.
7. You will see a confirmation that your request has been submitted. You will also get email confirmation of your request.
Please note that the employee will receive an email indicating when their account will be disabled.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.