Creating a Canvas Guest Account
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators can request a guest account for the campus LMS, Canvas.
- Select Email/Login Accounts.
- Then click New Account.
6. Enter the guest's information as well as the department and person sponsoring the account. Then click Continue.
- Enter the user's First Name.
- Enter the user's Last Name.
- Enter the user's Display First Name.
- Enter the user's Display Last Name.
- Enter a Preferred username for the user. NOTE: The username must begin with "afti" to identify the account as an affiliate account (e.g., afti-tuffytitan).
- Enter the Off-Campus Email for the user.
- Enter the Mobile phone for the user. NOTE: this is necessary to set up Duo two-factor authentication which is required to access Canvas.
- Select the appropriate department from the drop-down menu.
- Select the campus Location where the user will be located.
- Enter the username of the person who is sponsoring this affiliate (e.g., a faculty member, department chair, dean, etc.).
- Then click Continue.
8. You will receive an email confirmation that your request was submitted. Once the account has been created, you will receive an email with the username and password.
9. Once the account has been created, email [email protected] with the CWID, first name, last name, and email address of the guest so the Canvas account can be created.
10. Guests will NOT log in to Canvas from the campus portal. They will log in directly at the CSUF Canvas login page.
Guests will log in at the CSUF Canvas login page with the afti-username (e.g., afti-tuffytitan) and the password that was created for the account.
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777 for additional assistance.
If you have already submitted the request, please have the Request ID available.