VPN Access Request
This article covers how faculty and staff can request VPN Access so they can access campus resources from off-campus. Learn more about campus VPN services.
Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can fill out this request on behalf of faculty and staff in their department or a consultant account.
1. Log in to the IT Service Desk through the direct link or from the campus portal.
2. Click on Software and Access.
3. Select VPN Access.
4. If you are a Department IT Coordinator requesting for a consultant, check the Submit on behalf of consultant box. If not, continue to step 5.
If you are a Department IT Coordinator requesting for a faculty or staff in your department, you will be able to specify the user's name at checkout. Do not use the consultant option unless you are requesting for a consultant account.
4.1. To request for a consultant, first enter the name of the account. You can type in a partial name and select from the search results. Or click on the magnifying glass button to view all of the consultant accounts for your department(s).
Note that the field is looking for the name associated with the consultant account, not the username. To look up by username (e.g., c-25Live), click on the magnifying glass button.
- Enter a partial name to search for a consultant account.
- Then select the account from the search results.
- Or click on the magnifying glass button to view all of the consultant accounts for your department(s).
4.2. Enter the justification for this consultant account to have VPN access.
This information should be communicated to the DITC by a department tech or other sponsoring faculty/staff or the vendor/user using the consultant account.
5. Click Proceed to Checkout.
You are not able to submit other requests along with the VPN Access request.
6. Your name or the name of the consultant account will populate in the Requested For field. If you are requesting this for a faculty/staff in your department, enter their name in this field. Enter any additional information about this request in the Special Instructions field. Then click Checkout to submit your request.
- Your name will populate in the Requested For field. If you are requesting this for someone else, enter their name in this field.
- You can add any optional comments in the Special instructions field.
- Click Checkout to submit your request.
7. You're done! You'll receive an email confirmation of your request in addition to seeing the Request Number and RITM number.
When contacting the IT Help Desk about this request, it is most helpful to provide the RITM number. But you can also provide the REQ number. Learn more about Request Number vs RITM number.
The person listed in the Requested For field will also get an email confirmation of this request.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.