Reset a Password Request
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can request an email or password change for a faculty, staff, or student in their department.
Please note that this process cannot be used to circumvent the campus account Password Policy.
In many instances, an employee can reset their email password using security questions. See our article What To Do If You Forgot Your Password.
1. Log in to the IT Service Desk through the direct link or from the campus portal.
2. Click on Other Services.
3. Select Reset a Password.
4. First, select the person whose password needs to be reset.
You can type the name into the field or use the magnifying glass icon to look up a user.
5. Next, indicate which password needs to be reset: Email or Voicemail.
6. Enter a description of this request. For voicemail passwords, be sure to include the extension number whose password needs to be reset.
7. Click Submit to submit your request.
Note that this request is immediately submitted when you click Submit. You will not have the ability to view/edit the request in a shopping cart before submitting.
8. You're done! You'll receive an email confirmation of your request in addition to seeing the Incident (INC) number for your request.
The person whose password you are resetting will also get an email confirmation of this request.
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.