Mobile Device Request
This article covers how Department IT Coordinators (DITCs) can fill out the Mobile Device request form to: request a new/upgraded/replacement mobile phone, mobile access point (e.g., MiFi, hotspot), or iPad or to request changes to the plan associated with a mobile device.
1. Log in to the IT Service Desk through the direct link or from the campus portal.
2. Click on Telephone, Cellular, and Wiring.
3. Click on Mobile Device.
4. Select the type of device for this request.
5. Select the Request Type.
- New: request a new mobile device for a user who currently does not have a device
- Upgrade: request an upgraded mobile device for a user who currently has a device
- Replacement: request a new mobile device to replace a lost or broken device
- Plan Modification: request changes to the device's plan
6. For Upgrade/Replacement requests, enter the phone number of the mobile device.
7. Select the Provider associated with the request.
Select the current provider for existing mobile devices. Select the preferred provider for new mobile devices.
8. Type in the type of device for your request.
If requesting a new/upgraded/replacement device, enter the device model you want. If requesting a plan modification, enter the current device model.
9. Enter the plan type for this request.
Not sure what plans are available? Email [email protected] to find out.
If requesting a plan modification, enter the new plan you want for the device. If you do not need to change the plan, you can enter "no change."
10. Select the Account Code you want to use for any costs associated with this request.
12. If you are done ordering items, click Proceed to Checkout.
You can add other items/requests to your cart, but be sure that they are all related to the same person or situation (i.e., you would not typically have a Wiring request and a Mobile Device request in the same cart).
Click Proceed to Checkout when you are ready to submit the order.
13. Click Edit to make changes to the request. Enter the name of the employee on whose behalf you are making this request in the Requested For field. Add any comments about this request in the Special instructions section. Then click Checkout to submit your request.
- Click Edit to make changes to the mobile device request.
- Enter the name of the employee on whose behalf you are making this request in the Requested for section. You can type the name in or click on the magnifying glass icon to look up a user.
- You can add any optional comments in the Special instructions box.
- Click Checkout to submit your request.
14. You're done! You'll receive an email confirmation of your request in addition to seeing the Request Number and RITM number.
When contacting the IT Help Desk about this request, it is most helpful to provide the RITM number. But you can also provide the REQ number. Learn more about Request Number vs RITM number.
The person listed in the Requested For field will also get an email confirmation of this request.
Need More Help?
Contact Telecom at [email protected] or the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.