VMware vSphere Request (only available to campus techs)
This article shows campus techs how to request access to VMware vSphere Client, a virtual machine (vm).
3. Fill Out the Virtual Machine Request Form.
3.1. Select Virtual Machine Type.
- Select New if you are requesting a new virtual machine on the network.
- Select Existing if you currently have a virtual machine in your department, then choose the function of the current machine.
- Select Physical to Virtual, if a physical system needs to be converted to the virtual machine VMware vSphere Client.
- Select Virtual to Virtual, if a virtual system needs to be upgraded to the VMware vSphere Client.
3.4. Type the Computer Name.
NOTE: When naming the computer eliminate spaces and maintain unique computer names. Spaces left in the computer name will be eliminated or replaced with an underscore. The network cannot support duplicate computer names, therefore duplicate names will be altered slightly to make them unique.
** If it is vital that your computer name be maintained due to your operation, do your homework. Check with the IT Help Desk to confirm your computer name is unique.
3.5. Select the Virtual Machine Size.
3.7. Select the Network.
3.8. Select the Network Location.
3.9. Type a Server Administrator (if you're not the requester).
Begin typing, the name will automatically populate the name(s) in the field. You can also click the magnifying glass to Lookup a name.
NOTE: The server administrator is someone that will maintain the overall function of your VM. This is not just someone that will just update content or enter data on the VM.
3.10. Enter the Date and Time you want Access to your VM.
4. Complete the VM Request Form:
6. Your Request has been Submitted!
Need More Help?
Contact the IT Help Desk at [email protected] or 657-278-7777.